Boating season and Spring is FINALLY right around the corner. Is your boat ready? Along with giving your boat a good old Spring clean using your favourite Sleek products, here are a few tips to make launching, and hopefully, your entire season, hassle free!
- When was the last time you closely inspected the hull below the waterline? Any major stress cracks or blisters should be attended to before launching!
- Does the prop show dings or other signs of wear? If so, this can lead to vibration over the course of the season that can damage the entire boat.
- Check hoses, clamps, and joints for leaks and wear. Are cracks evident in the hose? Do clamps show signs of rust? If so, they should be replaced. Look around the hoses and connections as well to see if any sharp edges could damage nearby hoses.
- Are there an adequate number of easily accessible fire extinguishers aboard? Do any need replacement?
- Are the bilge pump and float switch functioning properly?
- Are flares expired?
Taking just a half day of preventative maintenance before spring launch can help identify a number of potential problems before they occur. And, don't forget to get your beautiful boat looking perfect using our Sleek products before you launch her, too!
What tips do you have for getting ready for Spring boating? Share them below in the comments.